Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Merrimack Hockey Message Board : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Merrimack Hockey Message Board > General > Jeff Caron leaves Merrimack for major junior
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MikeM

Agreed...I'm sorry to see Jeff go too, he is a nice kid and has a lot of potential, and made an impact in his two years here. But I understand his decision, and he is far from the first to make one like that. I hope it does work out for him. And it is nice that he will get to play in front of his family. They had such a long trip to make to see him here.

The big thing is I hope he will finish his degree. It is something that sometimes doesn't seem that important now when you are 19 or 20 and think about having your whole life ahead of you, but the guys who did get it done, are always glad later on that they did. I have a very good friend, best man in our wedding two weeks ago. He left school early to play pro baseball, but he worked hard for a few years to finish his degree in the offseason. He made it as far as AAA for several years and then retired, and was able to step right into a good paying job, and today he owns his own business (baseball and softball instruction -- if anyone wants I can certainly recommend him as a great teacher and great guy).

For Merrimack, it always hurts to lose a player like Jeff, but it also opens up more opportunities for other guys. He was just one of a number of guys last year who showed they could get the job done on the power play. I think we could see some of those guys step up and take advantage of the opportunity.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2005 04:28 AM
MikeM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MikeM Click here to Send MikeM a Private Message Click Here to Email MikeM Visit MikeM's homepage! Find more posts by MikeM Add MikeM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Susan352

best of luck, Jeff

Wishing Jeff the best of luck in major junior. He is a great player and I am sure he will do well there. It will be nice for him to play in front of some home province crowds. I will be watching the web to see how he makes out. This will be a great opportunity for him to develop.

Old Post 07-18-2005 10:24 PM
Susan352 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Susan352 Click here to Send Susan352 a Private Message Find more posts by Susan352 Add Susan352 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frank C

Thumbs up

Sorry to see Jeff leave. Can only wish him good luck in the future.

Old Post 07-18-2005 04:24 PM
Frank C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frank C Click here to Send Frank C a Private Message Find more posts by Frank C Add Frank C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Warrior Hockey News
Administrator

Jeff Caron leaves Merrimack for major junior

NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. -- Sophomore defenseman Jeff Caron has left Merrimack to play for the expansion Saint John (New Brunswick) Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL).

Caron, a native of Moncton, N.B., leaves Merrimack with two years of NCAA eligibility remaining. He will turn 20 in December.

"I just felt there would be a better opportunity for me to further develop in Saint John," said Caron to the New Brunswick Times & Transcript. "I wouldn't be leaving school if I didn't want to play pro hockey."

In 2004-05, Caron led the Warriors with 20 assists and added five goals for 25 points, good for third on the team. In his two years at Merrimack, he had six goals and 25 assists for 31 points in 68 games along with 53 penalty minutes. Caron was named as the Hockey East Player of the Week in December 2004 after tallying five assists in two games against Minnesota and Harvard to help the Warriors to a third-place finish in the Dodge Holiday Classic.

"I learned a lot in Division I," Caron told the Times & Transcript. "Guys can be as old as 25 or 26.

"They really showed me the ropes and made me grow up fast. I hope next year I can show my teammates that I did learn something and pass that on to the younger guys."

Caron had been left unprotected by Prince Edward Island in the QMJHL expansion draft before being chosen by Saint John in the 15th round of the draft on June 1st. He was ranked 140th among North American skaters in the NHL Central Scouting mid-term report.

Old Post 07-16-2005 05:06 AM
Warrior Hockey News is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Warrior Hockey News Click here to Send Warrior Hockey News a Private Message Click Here to Email Warrior Hockey News Visit Warrior Hockey News's homepage! Find more posts by Warrior Hockey News Add Warrior Hockey News to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote